Spaces are reviewed and assessed by a selection panel, comprising of KARST staff and board members.
Applicants are considered on :
- An active and critically engaged contemporary fine art practice
- The clarity of direction of their work
- Already established networks within and beyond Plymouth
- Evidently exhibiting work on a regional, national or international level
- Willingness to proactively participate in regular studio meetings and peer sessions
- A commitment of at least 15 hours per week to studio practice
- The current community of studio artists and their practices
- Progression since graduation. New applicants within higher education are not eligible to apply, with the exception of research PhD based practitioners.
-OCTOBER INTAKE: Deadline August 15th / Notification September 28th / Tenancy begins October 1st
- APRIL INTAKE: Deadline February 15th / Notification February 28th / Tenancy begins April 1st
Successful applicants will be invited for an informal discussion about studio provision prior to a final offer of tenancy. Applicants who are unsuccessful can request email feedback on how they might strengthen their application if they wish to re-apply. Successful applicants who join the waiting list will be contacted as and when a suitable space becomes available.
All applications must include a completed application form, which includes supporting information as images, relevant links, artist CV and appropriate references based on the selection criteria. All applicants are encouraged to visit our website or arrange a meeting with staff or residents before applying to find out the suitability of the studios in relation to their practice.
Download the application form HERE (Word Doc 23kb)