Spaces are reviewed and assessed by a selection panel, comprising of KARST staff and board members. Applicants are considered on:
- An active and critically engaged contemporary fine art practice.
- The clarity of direction to their work.
- Awareness and engagement with contemporary art and networks outside of the city.
- Willingness to partake in regular studio meetings and peer sessions.
- The potential to contribute in the development of KARST.
- A commitment of at least 15hrs per week to studio practice.
- The current division of residing studio artists and their practices.
NOVEMBER INTAKE: Deadline September 15th / Notification October 1st / Tenancy begins November 1st
MAY INTAKE: Deadline March 15th / Notification April 1st / Tenancy begins May 1st
Successful applicants will be invited for an informal discussion about studio provision prior to a final offer of tenancy. Applicants who are unsuccessful can request email feedback on how they might strengthen their application if wanting to re-apply for a studio at KARST. Successful applicants who join the waiting list will be contacted as and when a suitable space becomes available.
All applications must include a completed application form, which includes supporting information as images, relevant links and artist CV. All applicants are encouraged to visit our website or arrange a meeting with staff or residents before applying to find out the suitability of the studios in relation to their practice.
Download the application form HERE (Word Doc 23kb)