KARST is looking for up to four new Board members to further develop the skills base and work of the Board. Our Board provides leadership and governance, and sets the strategic direction of the organisation. Board members play an active role representing KARST externally as well as monitoring the organisation against its agreed aims and objectives. Board members contribute a broad range of experience from the world of business and the arts, and bring specific expertise to discussions around strategy, company growth and development and the delivery of priorities and programmes.
We are seeking new Board members who:
- Provide new insights and perspectives.
- Are keen to develop new or further their existing skills and experience.
- Are prepared to engage fully and bring creativity, new ideas and perspectives that challenge long-standing beliefs and systems.
- Can develop an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship, following Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
We welcome all applications, but we are interested in applications from a young voice, a community voice and an ethnically diverse voice, to broaden the diversity of our Board. Applicants do not need to have a contemporary arts background or previous Board experience.
KARST values people, collaborations and creating opportunities to make extraordinary things happen and we are looking for ambitious people who share our vision for Plymouth to be an international city driven by arts, culture and innovation. We see this as a great opportunity for new Board members, existing Board members and the executive team to share experience, exchange knowledge and learn from each other.
The collective responsibilities of the KARST Board are to:
- Advise on KARST’s vision, mission and strategy, reviewing and approving strategic plans prepared by the Executive Director and scrutinise performance against them.
- Monitor and evaluate operational activities and policies, ensuring that KARST is
- Provide strong financial oversight and risk management and compliance.
- Support KARST’s Executive Director in delivering their role and responsibilities, and the Senior Management Team in their areas of work.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with our charitable objects and meet our commitments to funders, investors and other stakeholders.
How to apply
Informal chat – If you are thinking of applying and would like to discuss anything with us in advance please get in touch for an informal chat with the Executive Director and Chair.
Applications open Wednesday 20th October 2021.
Application – please complete the online application form including a short statement to explain your interest in the role. Please also complete our equality and diversity monitoring form and email to Donna (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will not accept CVs as part of this process, but should you prefer to supply your statement as an audio or video file, you can send this alongside your equality and diversity monitoring form.
Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 12th November 2021.
Board Recruitment Stage one informal meeting – we would like to invite all eligible applicants to a 20 minute informal discussion about your application. This is an opportunity for you to meet the team, discuss your interest and suitability for the role and answer any clarifying questions. To be held week commencing 15th November 2021.
Stage two formal interview – Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a formal interview which will communicate full details in advance.
To be held week commencing 22nd November 2021.