In August 2023, a new studio will become available at UNDER (the unit below KARST’s main space). This is a raw studio space similar to how KARST studios were before our recent capital works project.
Studio Facilities & Membership:
- 24 hour access
- Limited number of allocated parking spaces
- Kitchen facilities
- Communal social area
- Meeting / conference room (on request)
- Access to technical equipment
- Access to roller doors for loading
- Artist links on KARST website & social media
- Opportunities for studio visits / critique with art professionals
Studio 15: Individual, 4.5m x 1.8m at price £115
Cost is inclusive of VAT & business rates, Wi-Fi, and utility bills including electric and water.
Access and facilities
Studio entrance includes one step into the building. Once inside the building, the space under KARST is on one level with accessible facilities and a roller shutter for loading. There is no central heating within the space, however an electric heater will be provided.
Applicants are considered on the basis of:
- An active and critically engaged contemporary fine art practice
- The clarity of direction of their work
- Already established networks within and beyond Plymouth
- Evidently exhibiting work on a regional, national or international level
- Willingness to proactively participate in regular studio meetings and peer sessions
- A commitment of at least 15 hours per week to on site studio practice
- The current community of studio artists and their practices
- Progression since graduation where relevant.
- Deadline: 18th July 2023
- Notification: 20th July 2023
- Tenancy begins: 1st August 2023
All applicants are encouraged to visit our website and arrange a meeting with staff or residents before applying to find out the suitability of the studio in relation to their practice.
All applications must include a completed application form which includes supporting information, such as images, relevant links, artist CV and appropriate references based on the selection criteria.
Successful applicants will be invited for an informal discussion about studio provision prior to a final offer of tenancy.
Spaces are reviewed and assessed by a selection panel, comprising KARST staff and board members. The application process is identical to the six-monthly project proposals existing studio holders make every April and October when they reapply for their studios.
For more information and to discuss your application contact email@example.com.